Esri recently announced that it will release service pack 1 for ArcGIS 10.1 in October. It will address many issues that have been reported since it was released this past summer. Here are just a few of the issues Esri plans for this service pack to address:
- When selecting an option in the Interactive Selection Method from the Selection Menu in ArcMap, it will not update the selection for the same option in the Interactive Selection Method Tool. However, when selecting an option from the Interactive Selection Method Tool, it will update the selection for the same option in the Interactive Selection Method from the Selection Menu.
- The Extract by Rectangle tool does not honor the Output Extent Environment Variable
- Select by location does not consider datum transformation
- In ModelBuilder, the Select Layer By Location Tool fails to release memory during iteration.
- The Path Distance tool using vertical factor generates incorrect output
- The geoprocessing result returned from the Project tool is incorrect when attempting to reproject a feature class into a feature dataset.
- Spatial Join selects the wrong polygon as closest to a line.
- Performing an identity on a feature class with measures corrupts the M-values.
- The Extract Data tool fails on a large intermediate table of attributed relationship class.
- ArcMap freezes when importing 9.3.1 XML workspace
- ArcMap crashes when adding a raster to a raster field
- The Reshape Feature tool creates duplicate vertices at the end of a line.
- A Python field calculation treats a double-precision field as an integer if the values in the field are integers with no decimal places.
- Multipart to single part crashes ArcGIS
- Model with Join Field crashes ArcMap
Esri has published a 10 page document of issues that will be addressed by this Service Pack and it is growing. So the list above is by no means complete. If you have any feedback you would like to provide reqarding this service pack, you can post it on Esri’s forms (http://forums.arcgis.com). Esri staff monitor these forums regularly and will be able to respond to feedback and questions.
If you would like to make a suggestion for functionality enhancements, you can post to http://ideas.arcgis.com/.